Cruise Conversations “Meet The Innovator” Series Webinar
In this video, Toby Walters, CEO, Cruise Ship Interiors and Cruise Ship Hospitality Expo hosts a conversation with maritime industry veteran Darren Smith, Project Sales and Survey Manager at MJM Marine and Tim Sharkey, Director of Customer Success at Vyv about their new partnership that brings innovative antimicrobial light technology to the cruise and maritime industry.
In this webinar, you’ll learn:
- How Vyv’s innovative, proprietary antimicrobial light technology enhances current vessel sanitation programs by continuously killing* and stopping the regrowth of microorganisms on surfaces
- How this technology delivers both beautiful quality white light as well as antimicrobial cleaning, offering peace of mind as cruise lines prepare to safely return to sea
- How antimicrobial light is used 24/7 non-stop around people, making it ideal to kill viruses and bacteria in high-risk areas such as in medical centers, in galleys, and high-traffic areas such as public lavatories, elevators and fitness centers
- How Vyv light is completely different from UV light
- How easily they can be installed either as a retrofit or a new build, in dry dock or in service
- How sustainable antimicrobial LEDs are because of one-time installs, years-long life, low-maintenance, and their impact on sanitation programs without adding additional chemicals or manual cleaning resources.
- How designers can work to create any lighting configuration with Vyv’s patented single-diode antimicrobial LED, making it small enough to be inside elevator buttons
- How antimicrobial technology can be used across the maritime industry in existing or customized applications
Vyv Antimicrobial Light creates a foundational layer of continuous protection that creates an environment that is inhospitable to germs, making current sanitation efforts more efficient by lowering microbial counts on surfaces around the clock.
*Testing on a non-enveloped virus (MS2 bacteriophage) showed a 99.985% reduction in controlled laboratory testing in 6 hours on hard surfaces. MRSA and E. coli showed 90%+ reduction in controlled laboratory testing in 24 hours on hard surfaces. Results may vary depending on the amount of light that is reaching the surfaces in the space where the product is installed and the length of time of exposure. Use of Vyv antimicrobial light is not intended to replace manual cleaning.