Vyv Announces Groundbreaking Inactivation and Killing of Viruses with its UV-Free Antimicrobial Light Technology
Vyv Antimicrobial LED Technology (405nm) — a Visible Light that Kills* Bacteria, Mold, Fungi and Yeast on Surfaces — Now Shown to also Inactivate and Kill* Viruses
The following resources provide valuable information on this game-changing news.
Vyv Virus Claim FAQ
The antimicrobial effects of visible light (405nm) on bacteria, mold, fungi, and yeast have been well-studied and documented for many years. Recent investigations have been conducted on the efficacy on non-enveloped viruses and enveloped viruses.
Here are frequently asked questions about Vyv’s impact on viruses.
*Testing on a non-enveloped virus (MS2 bacteriophage) showed a 99.985% reduction in controlled laboratory testing in 6 hours on hard surfaces. MRSA and E. coli showed 90%+ reduction in controlled laboratory testing in 24 hours on hard surfaces. Results may vary depending on the amount of light that is reaching the surfaces in the space where the product is installed and the length of time of exposure. Use of Vyv antimicrobial light is not intended to replace manual cleaning.